The City of Carson and its partners are investing in improving the San Diego Freeway (I-405) at Wilmington Avenue Interchange. This area is a heavily used transportation route for both commuters and freight haulers. These improvements will enhance safety, improve traffic flow and reduce congestion associated with the volume of trucks and vehicles accessing the freeway everyday from nearby businesses.
- NEW I-405 Widening at the Dominguez Channel (addition of auxiliary lane).
- NEW Addition: Northbound I-405 On-Ramp at Wilmington Avenue
- Ramp Modifications
- Widening of Wilmington Avenue from E. 223rd Street to E. 220th Street
- Bridge Retrofit over Dominguez Channel
- Traffic Signal Synchronization
Start: Early to Mid-November 2013
Estimated Completion: Early 2018